Climbing in Panthertown
Panthertown provides advanced climbers with plenty of adventure.
Climbing is an inherently dangerous sport and should be performed only with the proper equipment, and the instruction and supervision of an experienced climber.
We are not responsible for any of the information found at these external links.
Participate at your own risk.
External climbing links featuring Panthertown Valley:
- Carolina Climber’s Coalition – Laurel Knob
- The Crag – Laurel Knob
- The Crag – Panthertown Valley
- DW Hike – Laurel Knob and Panthertown Valley
- Mountain Project – Big Green Rock Climbing
- Mountain Project – Laurel Knob Rock Climbing
- Mountain Project – Panthertown Valley (Goldspring Ridge) Rock Climbing
The tallest cliff in the Eastern U.S., Laurel Knob was the first acquisition in the Carolina Climber Coalition‘s history. Big and wild, Laurel is home to fantastic slab and water groove climbing. Laurel’s remote location and height make for a truly unique experience and it’s likely you will be the only party on the cliff, or at least it can feel that way. The approach is long, but it’s well worth the walk.
Big Green Mountain has 22 routes, mostly trad climbing.
Blackrock Mountain has 10 routes, all rock climbing.
Please note: there was a rock slide in May 2021 that altered the face of Great Wall